Much Ado About Nothing
by Jon Engelsman
@ The Weller Society, March 2018
so what's happening in space right now?
A Car in Space...
Faster, Better, Cheaper...in Space
HOW DID WE GET HERE?
Amateurs, students, hobbyists
...but then, governments.
How did they all get up there?
And now for something completely different...
OK Government, let's see what the industry can do
1st privately funded company to...
- reach orbit w/ a liquid-fuel rocket
- launch, orbit and recover a spacecraft
- send a spacecraft to the International Space Station
- propulsively land a rocket
- reuse an orbital rocket
- launch an object into solar orbit
So what are we launching into space these days?
What are all of these satellites doing exactly?
What kind of money are we talking about here?